Thursday, October 13, 2005

Coffee Klatsch

Yesterday morning in what felt like a throwback to the Sixties, four Saunderstown moms of fourth graders decided to have coffee together. "Brewed Awakenings" was discussed, but we ended up in my kitchen once it was revealed that two dozen homemade blueberry-banana-bran muffins had just come out of my oven. Most of the mugs were chipped, and all had blueberries painted on them, in three different china patterns. Discussion topics included our children, home renovations, underwear, and jobs---okay, so it wasn't exactly like the Sixties.
After everyone left, around 10 a.m., I found I was just as productive as on those days when we all disperse immediately upon Bus 19's driving off with our kids frantically waving and blowing us kisses.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that despite your AM indulgence, you had a productive day. Perhaps the coffee and chit chat energized, envigorated and motivated you? It's worked that way for me.

The article about Knight was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. While I only met him a handful of times, he did kind of "reappear" based on your reminiscing. Does this thing spell check? Did I spell that right? Why don't they pay you more for your writing? Your writing deserves a prize.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home