Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Dinnertime, Monday

So what time do you want us on Saturday night, Amy?---and we need directions to your house. Uh-oh, Amy, we're having a cello crisis here, I think Olivia just broke a string. Amy? Can you hear me? Amy you're breaking up, I can't hear you, are you driving out of reception range? Amy?... I give up, she'll call back. Okay, Olivia, yes, it looks like a broken G-string but it's not the end of the world, we can get it fixed. *RING RING* That must be Amy---Hello? Oh hi, Tom! Are you sure? Thanks so much, and I'll drive next week. Do Casey and Ryan have their portfolios and their post-it-pads? Yes, I'll tell her. Martha?! That was Mr. McGowan, he says he'll be here at 5:15 to drive you to art lesson so be sure & be ready. No, Olivia, I can't call Mr. Beekman now because the violin shop isn't open on Mondays, I'll have to take the cello to him tomorrow, and he'll probably make us leave it overnight---he always does when it needs repairs. But I can call Mr. diCecco and cancel tomorrow afternoon's lesson, that way you can stay after school like you wanted and help Amanda brainstorm for her Head Turkey campaign…Are you sure there's a late bus? Even though intramurals are over?

1 Comments:

Blogger Vinz said...

Our baby is going to arrvive in 4 weeks, but after this kind of description how family life is difficult to organise i get scared!!!!

Friday, November 25, 2005 2:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home